I couldn’t resist the post title given today’s date….11/11/11. And it’s 11:11! Despite all that ….this truly was an awesome treat!
1. A bottle of blue agave nectar!
2. Gooey drips of agave nectar!
3. Agave nectar is roughly 1.3 times sweeter than suger, but has a lower glycemic index, and it absorbs more slowly into your system.
4. Light and creamy ricotta cheese!
5. Gently grilled crusty baguette!
6. Wine in a blue bottle, to go with the blue agave!
7. Ricotta cheese spread with an antique spreader on the grilled baguette!
8. Don’t forget the pepper!
9. More specifically…Finger Lakes wine!
10. Swedish Hill 2009 Vidal Blanc. The wine has a little sweetness to pair with the agave nectar, and it was nice and crisp with pear and peach notes.
11. The great photos!🙂
This was a great appetizer on a recent warm fall weekend, but would be great anytime of the year. I hope you get to try some later today, to make your 11/11/11 better. Cheers!